If you are looking for an simple and inexpensive way to dress up a dessert table you are in luck! This garland is easy to make and costs around $10 depending on where you get your fabric.
- Pinking shears
- 2 yards of 44″ wide fabric (1 chose 4 different colors and did 1/2 a yard each)
- Twine or ribbon
- Using your pinking shears, cut 1″ strips along the width of your fabric so that each strip is 44″ long by 1″ wide. If you don’t have pinking shears you can use fabric scissors but your fabric will fray over time.
- Once all your fabric is cut, fold each piece in half and tie it on the ribbon or twine. This will give you two 22″ strands of fabric per piece. I recommend starting about 24″ from the edge of your ribbon. HINT: Don’t cut your ribbon from the spool until you are done tying all of the fabric.
- Repeat this process until all of your fabric has been tied in place.
- Tie a knot in your ribbon on each end.
- Hang and enjoy!