Warning, if you don’t like quinoa or brussels sprouts, you probably won’t like this dish. However, if you’re like me and you love both then this is a healthy and tasty way to combine them. I honestly never thought I would be one to eat quinoa or brussels sprouts either together or on their own, but I have found so many tasty dishes with these two ingredients and they make a regular appearance on our dinner table. (Well, table. We don’t technically have a dinner table.)
You can go super healthy and cook the brussels sprouts in olive oil or opt for the extra yummy route and use bacon grease. I’ll let you take a guess on the direction I went. And if you are looking for more ways to cook quinoa or brussels sprouts, check out some of the other recipes I’ve added to my Plan To Eat.
- Brussels sprouts cut into quarters
- Olive oil or bacon grease
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 cups of red & white quinoa combined (you can buy it pre-washed and mixed)
- Cook the quinoa according to the directions on the package.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking dish with tin foil.
- Place brussels sprouts and olive oil/bacon grease in the pan and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix quinoa and brussels sprouts and toss with lemon juice.
- Serve warm or chilled.