Luke and I made this silly goal to spend less than $300 on groceries this month. Of course we didn’t account for a $145 Costco trip leaving me with just over $150 to spend on other items. Needless to say, we are eating a lot of chicken this week.
Years ago my sister introduced me to chicken and asparagus cooked in tin foil. I can’t remember everything that it entailed but I basically took that concept and all the vegetables I had in my refrigerator to make this dish. Not only was it was delicious, I can honestly say it was super easy!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 red skin potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of basil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut chicken into 2″ strips.
- Divide all ingredients into four parts and place in four separate pieces of tin foil. Sprinkle with basil, salt and lemon.
- Wrap the tin foil around all contents so you have four individual packets.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.