Black Bean Soup looks disgusting but it tastes oh, so delicious. I found this recipe on a friend’s Plan To Eat recipe list. I added my own flare with homemade salsa, turkey broth made from the leftover thanksgiving turkey juices and Manchego cheese. Yum!
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- sour cream, for garnish
- shredded cheese, for garnish
- green onion, for garnish
- cilantro, for garnish
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Combine beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until fairly smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Warm soup in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Put soup in bowls and garnish as desired.