My husband makes the absolute best homemade salsa. And I am not just saying that because I’m his wife. It is literally the best. The bad part is he has ruined most store-bought salsas for me. The good news is he is always willing to make his when asked.
If you are looking for an amazing homemade salsa, you’re in luck! It’s very easy to make and can be used as an appetizer or served with any number of dishes.
- 3/4 tomato
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 each of a jalapeño, habanero and serrano pepper
- 1 tomatillo
- 1/2 cup cilantro (about 1/2 a bussel)
- juice from half a lime
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 avocado, for garnish
- tortilla chips
- Chop all of the vegetables.
- Remove the seeds from the peppers if you do not want it to be spicy. We normally leave all of the jalapeño seeds and use about half of the habanero and serano.You can also do a different combination of peppers if you prefer.
- Dice the cilantro.
- Mix tomatoes, peppers, onion, cilantro, lime juice, water, salt and pepper in a blender. We use a Ninja.
- Garnish with avocado and serve with tortilla chips.